Sunday, May 6, 2012

CBR IV: Book 15: Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (and Other Concerns) - Mindy Kaling


This book has been frequently reviewed for the CBR, and I can see why.  It is a quick read, perfect for a doctor's office wait or a plane ride.  It was delightful and hilarious.  Mindy Kaling is probably best known for hysterically brilliant performance as Kelly Kapoor on NBC's "The Office".  This book is about everything, from her childhood of growing up Indian and chubby to her time on the hit play, "Matt and Ben", to her time writing for "The Office".  It is also about makeup, clothes, and boys.

Honestly, I read this one a month ago, and I had to return the book to the library before I wrote this review, so I don't remember a lot of the specifics.  One of my favorite chapters was on how long it takes men to put on shoes.  It's so true!  If you are looking for something to read while you are waiting in line, and you don't mind if strangers think you are crazy because you are busting a gut laughing, then this book is for you.

4/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment