Wednesday, April 18, 2012

CBR IV: Book 10: Fool - Christopher Moore


*Audiobook review

I loves me some Christopher Moore. His brand-new novel, Sacre Bleu is sitting on my bedside table waiting for me to dive right in. My first Moore novel was A Dirty Job, and I thought it was amazing. I've also read his vampire trilogy, and my review for Lamb was actually published on Pajiba.com a couple of years ago. I'm also a Brit-Lit nerd, so a Christopher Moore novel spoofing Shakespeare was a must read for me. Fool was definitely one of my favorite novels.

Fool is the story of Pocket, the diminutive court jester of King Lear. The dude who disowned his youngest daughter just because she wouldn't kiss his ass in front of his entire court. Yeah, THAT King Lear. Pocket is bawdy. Just randy. He's screwing half of Lear's court, a couple of the daughters, and before he came to Lear's court, a couple of nuns. Then a ghost shows up and wackiness ensues. There are witches, war, and murder most foul.

There were a lot of little Shakespearean in-jokes peppered throughout the novel. I loved this book. I could listen to this all over again and love every second of it. I just love Moore's novels, and Euan Morton was a terrific narrator. This made doing the dishes much more enjoyable.

5/5 Stars.


No comments:

Post a Comment